MADRID, June 30 (Xinhua) -- Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has resigned as the coach of the Spanish national team according to reports in the Spanish sporting press on Thursday evening.

The press report that the 65-year-old communicated his decision to Angel Maria Villar, the President of the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) on Tuesday, just 24 hours after Spain were knocked out of the last 16 of the European Championships, 2-0 against Italy on Monday.

Nevertheless, the decision is not expected to be made public until the next general assembly of the RFEF which will be held on July 15th.

During his 8 years in charge of the Spanish national team Del Bosque led them to success in the 2010 World Cup, making them World Champions for the first time in their history and followed that success with triumph in the 2012 European Championships, defending the title won under Luis Aragones in 2008.

Things started to go wrong in the 2014 World Cup when Spain failed to qualify from their group in Brazil and after performing well in their opening 2 matches this summer, two disappointing performances against Croatia and Italy sent them home before expected.

Joaquin Caparros is the favorite to be named as his successor, although the former Sevilla, Villarreal, Deportivo la Coruna, Athletic Club, Granada, Levante and Mallorca boss is not expected to be confirmed in the post until July 19th at the earliest. Enditem

BUCHAREST, Aug. 29 (Xinhua) -- Chairman of Romania' s Olympic Committee (COSR) Alin Petrache on Monday tendered his resignation for the country' s poor performance in the Rio Olympic Games.

"Given that team Romania has failed to meet the objective undertaken by the Technical Committee and the national federations - 6-8 medals ... I have tendered my resignation as chairman of COSR to the Executive Committee," Petrache told a meeting of the COSR Executive Committee.

"I know I have done all that was incumbent on me over the past two years, but unfortunately crisis in the Romanian sports is profound and cannot be solved with momentary solutions," Petrache said at the meeting.

Petrache expected between six and eight, even nine medals for the Romanian Olympic team, before the opening of the games.

Romania team returned from Rio with five medals - a gold, a silver and three bronzes: gold for the women's epee team, silver for the men's tennis doubles; bronze for the men's 85kg weightlifting, the women's coxed eight rowing crew and the men's 97-kg freestyle wrestling.

Romania's performance at Rio 2016 was its poorest after WWII, with the country finishing on the 47th position in the medal count, reported the official Agerpres news agency.

Romania's Olympic performance peaked at the Los Angeles Games in 1984, when it finished second in the nation ranking, followed by the 5th spot in 1976 in Montreal and 6th in Moscow in 1980. Yet, the country has been spiralling downhill from position 14 in Athens to spot 17 in Beijing and then 27 in London.

LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have weighed in on David Fizdale’s surprising ouster from the Memphis Grizzlies’ head coaching position. Suffice to say Nike Air Max Sale , they were not happy.

I need some answers. Feels like my man was a fall guy

— LeBron James (@KingJames) November 27, 2017

I need answers!!! WTF https:t.coz39oNRQok0

— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 27, 2017

Fizdale’s connection with James and Wade goes back to his years as an assistant on Eric Spoelstra’s bench. James and Wade have been effusive in their praise of Fizdale’s coaching skill and relatability with players. James’ wedding gift to Fizdale was a check for giving him a non-speaking spot in commercial.

However Air Max White Sale , James may want to be a little more self-aware and tread lightly on the topic of winning coaches getting pushed out by disgruntled star players. Two years ago, James’ camp was reportedly behind David Blatt’s firing, months after the Cleveland Cavaliers battled the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals.

They aren’t alone in their search for answers. Thankfully Air Max Black Sale , someone with a little more social media investigative experience is on the case.

Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside followed the Heatles era in South Beach, but co-signed James’ bemused tweet. Whiteside spent part of his summer investigating the death of a bird on his property and has a personal connection to Fizdale, after playing for him in Miami for two seasons.

— Hassan Whiteside (@youngwhiteside) November 27 Air Max Sale Clearance , 2017

(Agencies)

Dear Followers,

The management of Xinhua International page on Facebook(https:www.facebookXinhuaInternational) has been taken up by the London Bureau of Xinhua News Agency. Accordingly, the name of the page will be changed to New China-UK to better reflect the identity of management as well contents of the page. However Air Max Sale Free Shipping , while we intend to post more stories concerning UK, important news about China and around the world will still be given high priority to on our page.

Therefore, it is our sincere hope that people both in and outside Britain will follow our page and find it rewarding. Meanwhile Air Max Mens Sale , we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience that may arise from the change of the page name.

London Bureau of Xinhua News Agency

HARARE, Sept. 16 (Xinhua) -- Top Zimbabwean and Russian officials on Tuesday launched a joint venture platinum mine that will start producing platinum in 2017 with ultimate investment mounting to 4.8 billion U.S. dollars.

Located 70 km west of Harare, the 6 Air Max Shoes Sale ,500-hectare Darwendale platinum mine is billed to become Zimbabwe's biggest platinum mine when partial development is reached in 2021 with projected annual production of 530,000 ounces, officials said.

Zimbabwe Air Max Sale , which holds the second largest platinum reserv.