Chinese shuttler Lin Dan reaches out for the shuttlecock during a second-round match at the Hong Kong Open on Thursday. Photo: Xinhua
Chinese badminton superstar Lin Dan crashed out of the -second round of the Hong Kong Open on Thursday to little-known hometown player Ng Ka-Long Billige Herre Nike Air Max 95 KPU Sko Sort , raising questions about whether the two-time Olympic champion's dominance on court is waning.

Lin, considered by many to be one of the true greats of the sport, looked sluggish compared to his 21-year-old -opponent, who managed to take nine points off the Chinese player before conceding a shot.

It was the first meeting of the pair, and will likely be -memorable for the young Hong Konger who was playing in front of an enthusiastic home crowd as he dismissed Lin 21-8, 21-18 in 33 minutes.

"I think I am quite patient today and I am calm in doing some net shots and some -lifting so I can better control the game. I think he didn't play his best today Herre Nike Shox Avenue Sko Royal Blå Hvid Tilbud , so I can have a chance to beat him," said Ng.

Lin has won just one Super Series title this year - in Japan in September - and failed to get past the first round at the French Open last month, but the 32-year-old has dismissed retirement rumors, saying he is aiming for next year's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

World No.1 Chen Long beat Thailand's Boonsak Ponsana to set up a quarterfinal revenge match against Malaysian rival Lee Chong Wei, who beat him in Sunday's China Open final.

China's Chen, who is -gunning for his seventh major title of the year Danmark Herre Nike Shox Avenue Sko Sort Rød , swept aside Boonsak 19-21, 21-8, 21-13.

"Overall I am satisfied even though the first set took a -moment to find my rhythm. Overall it was good," said Chen.

Lee - fresh from back-to-back wins in China and France - beat Germany's Marc Zwiebler 21-12, 21-12 for his place in the last eight.

Former world No.1 Lee has made a strong return to the badminton circuit after an eight-month doping this year, silencing those sceptical of the veteran's chances to qualify for the Olympic Games to fight for a so far elusive gold medal.

China's Tian Houwei also went through when he beat -defending champion Son -Wan-ho of South Korea 21-13 Tilbud Herre Nike Shox 807 Sko Sort Rød , 21-17.

In the women's competition, world No.1 Carolina Marin of Spain downed Japanese -rising star Akane -Yamaguchi 21-19, 21-8 to reach the last eight.

"She is a good player. It was a tough match. She always fights until the shuttle is on the floor. So that's why the first set was very close," Marin said of her teenage opponent, who is tipped as a strong prospect on the women's circuit in coming years.

WASHINGTON, Jan. 24 (Xinhua) -- The risk of a heart attack may be increased six-fold within the first week after detection of laboratory-confirmed influenza infection Tilbud Herre Nike Shox 807 Sko Hvid Grå , a new study said Wednesday.

Researchers in Canada looked at nearly 20,000 Ontario adult cases of laboratory-confirmed influenza infection from 2009 to 2014 and identified 332 patients who were hospitalized for a heart attack within one year of flu diagnosis.

They found a significant association between acute respiratory infections, particularly flu, and acute myocardial infarction, according to the study published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The risk may be higher for older adults, patients with influenza B infections Online Herre Nike Shox 807 Sko Sort , and patients experiencing their first heart attack.

The researchers also found elevated risk, albeit not as high as for flu, with infection from other respiratory viruses.

"Our findings are important because an association between influenza and acute myocardial infarction reinforces the importance of vaccination," said lead author Jeff Kwong, a scientist at the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (ICES) and Public Health Ontario (PHO).

"People at risk of heart disease should take precautions to prevent respiratory infections, and especially influenza Online Herre Nike Shox 807 Sko Hvid Sort Rød , through measures including vaccinations and handwashing," said Kwong.

The researchers added that patients should not delay medical evaluation for heart symptoms particularly within the first week of an acute respiratory infection.

ANKARA, March 18 (Xinhua) -- A British woman, suspected of planning to arrive Syria to join the Islamic States (IS) militants, was detained in the Turkish capital of Ankara late Tuesday, the state-run Anatolia news agency reported Wednesday.

Ankara Police Department anti-terror units detained 22-year-old Jalila Nadra H. in interprovincial bus terminal Herre Nike Shox Current Læder Sko Sort Rød Billige , said the report, adding that after her testimony, she will be deported from Turkey.

Three British teenagers suspected of planning to join the IS militants were detained in the Turkish largest city of Istanbul last week and deported from Turkey.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said that some 1,154 foreign fighters have been deported from Turkey and 19,500 people are banned from travelling to Turkey.

He added that 16 people from Indonesia have been recently captured while trying to cross into Syria.

Xiao Yuhe

FUDAN University yesterday admitted its youngest student for the academic year, 14-year-old Xiao Yuhe.

Beijing native Yuhe will be joined by two other students who are just months older at the renowned city university.

Yuhe has been admitted by the School of Mathematical Sciences Køb Herre Nike Shox Current Læder Sko Sort , and yesterday moved into his dormitory in Yangpu District, which he will share with older roommates.

“It is my dream to study in the school of mathematics at Fudan as I’ve been interested in mathematics since I was very young,” he told reporters.

Yuhe was admitted by the university after scoring 692 out of 750 in the national college entrance exam in June. He scored the maximum 150 for math.

He took just four years to complete the eight-year secondary school curriculum at the “genus class” at Beijing No.8 High School.

He joined the .