Singer-guitarist Claudio Sanchez of rock band Coheed and Cambria has woven sci-fi epic themes into his music.
Music and sci-fi lovers in Shanghai will be able to experience the world of Coheed and Cambria at a concert on July 25 air max 97 blå , before their story hits the big screen.

The rock band from New York will make its Chinese mainland debut at the Mixing Room and Muse, at the Mercedes-Benz Arena.

The lineup for the concert will be singer-guitarist Claudio Sanchez, founding guitarist Travis Stever air max 97 silver tilbud , bassist Zach Cooper and drummer Josh Eppard.

Coheed and Cambria is the name of the band led by Sanchez, 35, and the characters in a sci-fi novel and comic book series by him titled The Amory Wars.

The music style of Coheed and Cambria is often described as progressive rock nike air max 97 gold køb , punk rock, metal and post-hardcore. The band has released six albums and sold more than 2 million copies in the United States.

Since it was established in the 1990s, Coheed and Cambria has woven sci-fi epic themes in its music.

"I think it's best to listen as a music fan first nike air max 97 guld , and go from there," Sanchez tells China Daily in an e-mail interview. "You don't have to appreciate the comics or the sci-fi concept to be a fan of Coheed. But it's there to serve the fans as an additional layer to get deeper into the universe."

Sanchez says they have played in the Philippines, Singapore nike air max 97 hvid , Malaysia, Japan, and Hong Kong. The audiences were really passionate and appreciative air max 97 sort , Sanchez adds.

Sanchez is no stranger to China, as his father-in-law lives in Guangdong province. "She (his wife) and I actually spent our honeymoon there, with a stop in Beijing http://www.airmax97tilbud.com/ ," Sanchez says. "China has an incredible energy and such a unique culture that I instantly felt connected to it."

Mark Wahlberg, an American actor and producer, recently announced that he will cooperate with Leverage Productions to turn Sanchez's The Amory Wars into a live-action feature film.

"We've been working closely with our production company to put together a team for the film adaptation nike air max 97 danmark ," Sanchez says.

Although everything about the film is still at the beginning phase, Sanchez says, "I'll be as involved as possible in the final product. And I fully intend to have a cameo."

"

FOZ DO IGUACU, Brazil, June 30 (Xinhua) -- Chinese concert pianist Lang Lang led six Chinese torchbearers participate in the Rio Olympics torch relay on Thursday in the famous Iguacu waterfall city.

This Thursday, 30 June, the Rio Olympics torch relay continues its journey across Brazilian Parana state. The distance covered, including transits, 170 km and some 140 torchbearers. Foz do Igua?u is the last town on the Olympic Flame' s route today.

Invited by the Coca-Cola sponsorship, six torchbearers including Lang Lang and actress Jiang Yiyan lit the passion of local people. As No. 75 torchbearer, Lang Lang was welcomed by both warm Brazilians and Chinese. Numerous people accompanied him during his 200-meter torch relay journey.

""It's my third time to be a summer Olympics torchbearer this time. To get in touch with Olympics and its spirit one more time, I feel more powerful and it will lead me to go forward,"" Lang Lang said.

Lang Lang is a celebrity in classical music circles. He was the first Chinese pianist to join the Vienna Philharmonic and the Berlin Philharmonic, and was also a UNICEF ambassador. He has created educational projects in Europe and Asia, been an advertising icon for famous brands, and represented China on the Western cultural scene.

Earlier on Thursday, Lang Lang also gave a piano show just in front of the Iguacu waterfall, one of the most famous natural landmarks the country has to offer. His show attracted lots of tourists.

" "

ALGIERS, July 11 (Xinhua) -- China and Algeria on Monday expressed their will to strengthen bilateral cooperation in the fight against terrorism, visiting Special Representative of Chinese Foreign Minister Wu Sike said.

He said his visit aims at exchanging views on ways to enhance bilateral cooperation in political and economic fields and security, including the fight against terrorism.

He made the remarks at the end of his meeting with the Algerian Foreign Minister Ramtane Lamamra.

Wu said the world today faces multiple challenges, including the fight against terrorism, stressing the importance of strengthening cooperation in this field.

Furthermore, the Chinese diplomat said Beijing and Algiers share convergent views when it comes to the peaceful settlement of various crisis hitting the world, hailing the ""exceptional historical"" relations between the two countries.

China and Algeria are bound by a comprehensive cooperation partnership since 2014, on the occasion of the 55th anniversary of the establishment of their diplomatic relations.

This comprehensive strategic partnership is the first of its kind between China and Arab countries.

In 2015, China's export to Algeria amount to an equivalent of 8.22 billion U.S. dollars, and remains the first supplier of this North African nation for the third consecutive year. Enditem

" KNOW THE SIGNS OF DEPRESSION

Typical signs of depression actually show a change in the way a person has come to think about himself. "I just can't get myself to do any work around the house. My marriage is falling apart." "My hair is thinning. I'm losing my looks. No one will care about me anymore." These are typical thoughts of people who are depressed and show a change in thinking nike air max 97 tilbud , feeling and acting. Here are other signs of depression:

Continual feelings of sadness, emptiness and helplessness that seem to have no cause

VALLETTA, Nov. 7 (Xinhua) -- A "Free Travel to Gozo" weekend is to take place from Nov. 15 to 17 nike air max 97 køb , offering free trips for passengers and vehicles on ferry servic. Cheap Spurs Jerseys   Wholesale Kings Jerseys   Wholesale Raptors Jerseys   Cheap New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys   Cheap Orlando Magic Jerseys   Wholesale Los Angeles Lakers Jerseys   Wholesale Knicks Jerseys   Wholesale Utah Jazz Jerseys   Wholesale Miami Heat Jerseys   Wholesale Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys